The technical specifications for the portable water filter bottle BotEOZ are:
- Replaceable filter cartridge: 0.1 micron hollow fiber membrane to achieve 100% bacteria removal, 99.99% parasite removal, and turbidity reduction from 6.6 to 0.17 NTU. In short it produces crystalline water (less than 0.2 NTU is transparent clear water as recommended by USEPA for human consumption) from any turbid water source, well, river, lake, pond, puddle, creek, rainwater cistern, etc. 100% bacteria removal means water will be free of E.Coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Vibrio Cholerae among the most common waterborn bacteria that cause serious to potentially deadly diseases to humans. Parasite removal includes Giardia, Cryptosporidium, amibas and intestinal worms among the typical parasites found in mountain creeks or when traveling to less developed countries, especially with humid climates conducive to growth of parasitic worms and amibas.
- The cartridge is easily replaced by just pulling it until it comes of the bottle´s cap to which it is attached by the means of food grade silicon orings. The hollow fiber cartridge removed from the bottle cap is shown below.
- This water filter bottle offers an optional prefilter for metal and chlorine removal based on a natural zeolite filter media shown to remove fluoride, arsenic and lead thanks to a special aluminum oxide processing of the zeolite, as well as chlorine, pesticides and volatile organic chemicals thanks to the combination of the zeolite with activated carbon.
The metal and chlorine removal prefilter is shown below as well as the filter media.
- The water bottle itself is 1.2 liter capacity made of stainless steel to avoid use of plastic bottle in contact with water and to ensure long rated life under harsh field conditions, without degradation by UV rays and without risk of breaking or scratching the plastic when employing the bottle for outdoor adventures, kayaking, river rafting, hiking, camping, mountaineering, alpinism, mountain biking, nature photography, expeditions or field work that require heavy duty, robust hydration and filtration accessories.
- Rated life of the filter cartridge is 100,000 liters with monthly backwashing with the syringe included in the purchase of BotEOZ filter bottle. If water is very turbid, filter will require more frequent backwashing to remove sediment or particles accumulated in the fibers. If the water used is mostly clear or lightly turbid backwashing every 3 months will be sufficient. Backwashing is shown on the photo. Always use clean purified or boiled water when backwashing the filter so that only water free of microorganisms enters the filter in reverse direction.
Note: If water filter bottle Boteoz is stored for long periods of time without use, it is recommended to backwash before next use to moisten the fibers and remove the biofilm that grows at the back of the fibers when leaving the filter unused.
This bottle has been used by hikers, campers and trail runners so far with great satisfaction, the design and technical details are constantly being reviewed and improved based on the feedback from the users in the field since this is the first version launched in 2016.
It is for sale on AMAZON.COM at the following link, in green or blue color:
As you can see on the photos above, this water filter bottle has been tested with the worse contaminated stagnant puddle water, with great satisfaction and no diseases!
Are you looking for a portable water filter for the outdoor?
One that does not require pumping, chemicals or does not have plastic components that degrade in the sun or give bad taste to the water? No BPA, no PET, no iodine, no chlorine.... Check out the new stainless steel 1.2 liter bottle with 0.1 micron hollow fiber filter in cap, it has an amazingly simple design, that does not contain any breaking or moveable parts, to resist many years of field use, and provide crystal clear, bacteria and parasite-free water from any source anywhere, without waiting or pumping.
The feature we liked the most about the BotEOZ are the following:
- The bottle in stainless steel material is absolutely great, finally a designer and manufacturer who cares to resolve the bad plastic taste of the water when carrying it long hours in a backpack, no plastic means no BPA, no Tritan, no PET, none of the supposedly safe translucent plastic which whether or not the manufacturer and health authorities care to mention it, have not been tested for long term effects on human or animal health. We all know about BPA and it has been banned in several countries, but noone so far has done research on the additives that are in the newest plastic that came to replace BPA, such as Tritan. To make plastic transparent and at the same time flexible enough to avoid dangerous breaking, additives are necessary, new additives are developed constantly by the plastic industry to win the race against the health regulation bodies who investigate these chemical substances. So far no one really knows if the new plastics are better than the widely-criticized BPA. Long story short, it is better to simply avoid carrying water for long periods of time in plastic - especially transparent plastic - and switch to stainless steel.
- The 0.1 micron hollow fiber filter in the cap is very simple and wonderful compared to any of the typical activated carbon filters which do not remove turbidity or microbes efficiently. Submicron filtration ensures that water comes out crystal clear from the outlet on the cap, and free of bacteria (micron size 1-2 for bacteria and 10-50 for parasites such as Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Amibas among the most common parasites in creeks or mountain water). Whether you drink from the tap, from a puddle, lake, river, mountain creek or rainharvesting system, you can be sure you will not get sick if you use BotEOZ water filter bottle.
- That means this bottle filter is great for traveling, hiking, backpacking, camping, or simply living in rural communities with unsafe water at their tap.
You can find this product on AMAZON, at the following link:
When hiking or camping in Mexico beautiful Baja California Sur peninsula, one would be surprised by the many hidden oasis with running water there are. Considered mainly a long dry desert environment, the Baja keeps its secret well, only for the curious and adventurous visitors will it show the amazing biodiversity and richness of flora it actually has.
One great example is the beautiful camping site at San Antonio de la Sierra in the mountains near La Paz and Los Cabos, which has running water all year round coming from the near Sierra de la Laguna mountains, and tall trees such as palms, oaks and poplars.
This little camping paradise is inside the Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere reserve maintained by CONANP and therefore is equipped with latrines for the visitors and campers.
The creek runs in the middle of the large arroyo and sand platforms perfect for camping and enjoying the night, water is crystal clear but it is recommended to use a portable water filter purifier since animals can use this creek upstream from the camping site.
The water bottle filter and purifier BotEOZ from EOZ company is manufactured in La Paz and has won awards from the World Bank, CNN Heroes and UBS Visionaris. It is an extreme water purifier designed for use in harsh environment such as the Baja, the bottle is stainless steel to take the beating of the mule and 4x4 rides, and the hot sun rays, the filter will last a lifetime practically, 100,000 liters with periodic backwashing using the syringe provided with the filter bottle at purchase. The company helps rural children of Baja by donating a filter bottle for every 10 sales. For more information visit the website of EOZ and get details on this filter bottle at:
It can be purchased on AMAZON at the following link:
Use is as simple as the photos show below: Simply fill the bottle, place the cap with integrated 0.1 micron filter and drink from outlet on cap! You can be sure you will obtain clear water with no bacteria or parasites at the outlet since the hollow fiber pore size does not let neither sediment nor microbes go through, pure physical exclusion thanks to the submicron size of the cartridge filter, safe and sound. No chemicals, no replacement, no bad taste, no waiting, no pumping. Hollow fiber is the advanced technology for water filtration worldwide.
In the meantime, enjoy your traveling and camping adventures in Baja California Sur and do not forget to bring your filter bottle purifier BotEOZ with you to avoid carrying many liters of expensive and non ecological bottled water. For any information on amazing and wild camping sites in the mountains, oasis or coast of Baja California Sur, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, we will be glad to assist you with your adventure travel plan in Baja, we know it as the palm of our hand!