The technical specifications for the portable water filter bottle BotEOZ are:
- Replaceable filter cartridge: 0.1 micron hollow fiber membrane to achieve 100% bacteria removal, 99.99% parasite removal, and turbidity reduction from 6.6 to 0.17 NTU. In short it produces crystalline water (less than 0.2 NTU is transparent clear water as recommended by USEPA for human consumption) from any turbid water source, well, river, lake, pond, puddle, creek, rainwater cistern, etc. 100% bacteria removal means water will be free of E.Coli, Salmonella, Shigella, Vibrio Cholerae among the most common waterborn bacteria that cause serious to potentially deadly diseases to humans. Parasite removal includes Giardia, Cryptosporidium, amibas and intestinal worms among the typical parasites found in mountain creeks or when traveling to less developed countries, especially with humid climates conducive to growth of parasitic worms and amibas.
- The cartridge is easily replaced by just pulling it until it comes of the bottle´s cap to which it is attached by the means of food grade silicon orings. The hollow fiber cartridge removed from the bottle cap is shown below.
- This water filter bottle offers an optional prefilter for metal and chlorine removal based on a natural zeolite filter media shown to remove fluoride, arsenic and lead thanks to a special aluminum oxide processing of the zeolite, as well as chlorine, pesticides and volatile organic chemicals thanks to the combination of the zeolite with activated carbon.
The metal and chlorine removal prefilter is shown below as well as the filter media.
- The water bottle itself is 1.2 liter capacity made of stainless steel to avoid use of plastic bottle in contact with water and to ensure long rated life under harsh field conditions, without degradation by UV rays and without risk of breaking or scratching the plastic when employing the bottle for outdoor adventures, kayaking, river rafting, hiking, camping, mountaineering, alpinism, mountain biking, nature photography, expeditions or field work that require heavy duty, robust hydration and filtration accessories.
- Rated life of the filter cartridge is 100,000 liters with monthly backwashing with the syringe included in the purchase of BotEOZ filter bottle. If water is very turbid, filter will require more frequent backwashing to remove sediment or particles accumulated in the fibers. If the water used is mostly clear or lightly turbid backwashing every 3 months will be sufficient. Backwashing is shown on the photo. Always use clean purified or boiled water when backwashing the filter so that only water free of microorganisms enters the filter in reverse direction.
Note: If water filter bottle Boteoz is stored for long periods of time without use, it is recommended to backwash before next use to moisten the fibers and remove the biofilm that grows at the back of the fibers when leaving the filter unused.
This bottle has been used by hikers, campers and trail runners so far with great satisfaction, the design and technical details are constantly being reviewed and improved based on the feedback from the users in the field since this is the first version launched in 2016.
It is for sale on AMAZON.COM at the following link, in green or blue color:
As you can see on the photos above, this water filter bottle has been tested with the worse contaminated stagnant puddle water, with great satisfaction and no diseases!
Are you looking for a portable water filter for the outdoor?
One that does not require pumping, chemicals or does not have plastic components that degrade in the sun or give bad taste to the water? No BPA, no PET, no iodine, no chlorine.... Check out the new stainless steel 1.2 liter bottle with 0.1 micron hollow fiber filter in cap, it has an amazingly simple design, that does not contain any breaking or moveable parts, to resist many years of field use, and provide crystal clear, bacteria and parasite-free water from any source anywhere, without waiting or pumping.
The feature we liked the most about the BotEOZ are the following:
- The bottle in stainless steel material is absolutely great, finally a designer and manufacturer who cares to resolve the bad plastic taste of the water when carrying it long hours in a backpack, no plastic means no BPA, no Tritan, no PET, none of the supposedly safe translucent plastic which whether or not the manufacturer and health authorities care to mention it, have not been tested for long term effects on human or animal health. We all know about BPA and it has been banned in several countries, but noone so far has done research on the additives that are in the newest plastic that came to replace BPA, such as Tritan. To make plastic transparent and at the same time flexible enough to avoid dangerous breaking, additives are necessary, new additives are developed constantly by the plastic industry to win the race against the health regulation bodies who investigate these chemical substances. So far no one really knows if the new plastics are better than the widely-criticized BPA. Long story short, it is better to simply avoid carrying water for long periods of time in plastic - especially transparent plastic - and switch to stainless steel.
- The 0.1 micron hollow fiber filter in the cap is very simple and wonderful compared to any of the typical activated carbon filters which do not remove turbidity or microbes efficiently. Submicron filtration ensures that water comes out crystal clear from the outlet on the cap, and free of bacteria (micron size 1-2 for bacteria and 10-50 for parasites such as Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Amibas among the most common parasites in creeks or mountain water). Whether you drink from the tap, from a puddle, lake, river, mountain creek or rainharvesting system, you can be sure you will not get sick if you use BotEOZ water filter bottle.
- That means this bottle filter is great for traveling, hiking, backpacking, camping, or simply living in rural communities with unsafe water at their tap.
You can find this product on AMAZON, at the following link:
When hiking or camping in Mexico beautiful Baja California Sur peninsula, one would be surprised by the many hidden oasis with running water there are. Considered mainly a long dry desert environment, the Baja keeps its secret well, only for the curious and adventurous visitors will it show the amazing biodiversity and richness of flora it actually has.
One great example is the beautiful camping site at San Antonio de la Sierra in the mountains near La Paz and Los Cabos, which has running water all year round coming from the near Sierra de la Laguna mountains, and tall trees such as palms, oaks and poplars.
This little camping paradise is inside the Sierra de la Laguna Biosphere reserve maintained by CONANP and therefore is equipped with latrines for the visitors and campers.
The creek runs in the middle of the large arroyo and sand platforms perfect for camping and enjoying the night, water is crystal clear but it is recommended to use a portable water filter purifier since animals can use this creek upstream from the camping site.
The water bottle filter and purifier BotEOZ from EOZ company is manufactured in La Paz and has won awards from the World Bank, CNN Heroes and UBS Visionaris. It is an extreme water purifier designed for use in harsh environment such as the Baja, the bottle is stainless steel to take the beating of the mule and 4x4 rides, and the hot sun rays, the filter will last a lifetime practically, 100,000 liters with periodic backwashing using the syringe provided with the filter bottle at purchase. The company helps rural children of Baja by donating a filter bottle for every 10 sales. For more information visit the website of EOZ and get details on this filter bottle at:
It can be purchased on AMAZON at the following link:
Use is as simple as the photos show below: Simply fill the bottle, place the cap with integrated 0.1 micron filter and drink from outlet on cap! You can be sure you will obtain clear water with no bacteria or parasites at the outlet since the hollow fiber pore size does not let neither sediment nor microbes go through, pure physical exclusion thanks to the submicron size of the cartridge filter, safe and sound. No chemicals, no replacement, no bad taste, no waiting, no pumping. Hollow fiber is the advanced technology for water filtration worldwide.
In the meantime, enjoy your traveling and camping adventures in Baja California Sur and do not forget to bring your filter bottle purifier BotEOZ with you to avoid carrying many liters of expensive and non ecological bottled water. For any information on amazing and wild camping sites in the mountains, oasis or coast of Baja California Sur, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, we will be glad to assist you with your adventure travel plan in Baja, we know it as the palm of our hand!
The portable water purifier bottle BotEOZ was tested at a flowing creek during rainy season in Baja California Sur, Mexico. Feral pigs came close to the water while we were testing the purifier bottle so we were obviously happy to have this product.
The use of the portable purifier bottle is simple. Fill the bottle with the water from any unsafe source, lake, river, creek, spring or even puddle, place back the lid with integrated filter on the bottle, and drink from the outlet orifice on the cap.
The advantage of this purifier is that it does not require pumping nor waiting for the chemicals such as iodine or chlorine tablets to have effect, purification is instantaneous since water passes through the filter cartridge as the user drinks from the outlet orifice. One observation is that it requires sucking a bit since the filter is composed of hollow fiber membrane of 0.1 micron nominal porosity which slow down the flow of water. Drinking is relatively easy, sucking needs to be continuous for a few seconds only at first use since the fibers are full of air, at posterior uses sucking is easier and water flows rapidly.
The characteristics of the water filter bottle BOTEOZ are the following:
- Bottle is of stainless steel, which is better adapted than plastic for harsh conditions in camping, emergency relief or conducting activities outdoor. It is long-lasting, does not degrade in the sun, resists falls, does not add plastic flavor to the water nor plastic compounds which have been under attack in recent years for being potential carcinogenic.
- Capacity is 1.2 liters, similar or slightly capacity to other products on the market typically 750 mL. The higher capacity will benefit users during emergency situations, or while hiking long distances between water sources, in desert environment or in high mountains, alpinism or mountaineering where there is little water.
- Filter lasts 10,000 liters, great duration for this filter which only requires backwashing monthly with the 60mL syringe included in the purchase of the purifier bottle. Instructions are found in the user´s manual inside the bottle. Basically consists of filling the syringe with water, clean or filtered, uncapping the back of the filter and then pushing the water from the outlet orifice so that it flows reversely through the filter. Repeat 5-10 times till filter is clean and does no longer show sediment or particles. Replace back lid of filter, and ready for more use of the water purifier bottle.
Note 1: The fibers are fragile, manufacturer indicates they cannot be touched so be careful during the backwashing procedure, follow instructions but do not push or touch the fibers of the filter.
Note 2: We enjoyed the fact that the filter cartridge is transparent not common in this type of product, this allowed us to appreciate when filter needs cleaning.
All in all, very happy with this product, simple, highly efficient and more importantly, produces safe water from any source even turbid and microbiologically contaminated, which is ideal for avid travelers, hikers, campers, mountaineers or any other outdoor public.
The product is available on AMAZON at this link:
Very satisfied user below and recommended product!
When hiking in the french alp mountains, often the hike reaches a beautiful mountain lake or series of lake, with green blue turquoise water, and little mountain creeks or rivers flowing down from permanent Glacier to the lakes and onward to the villages at the base of these high mountains.
It is a great advantage for hikers to carry a portable water filter purifier during these hiking or advanced alpinism trips, to recharge their water bottle in any of these lakes, rivers or springs without having to bring many water bottles.
Our water bottle purifier is a robust stainless steel bottle with integrated filter cartridge with filters and removes microbes by physical exclusion, as the user drinks from the bottle, no waiting, no chemicals, to pumping. Simply drink from the outlet orifice on the cap and the water will have been purified by the highly efficient hollow fiber membranes of submicronic porosity (0.1 micron) to guarantee a crystalline and zero-microbe water every time the users drinks.
The user can refill any number of time in any lake, river or spring, the filter has the capacity to last 10,000 liters and will only need backwashing after each trip, before storing the water purifier bottle, to ensure the fibers are clean and without sediment or particles before the next use. That helps extend the life of the filter by maintaining the fibers free of turbidity. The stainless steel bottle was chosen because it will not degrade in the sun, will not add plastic taste to the water, nor chemicals such as BPA, will resist many falls, and is more hygienic than plastic since its surface does not grow bacteria microfilms over time. Stainless steel is the preferred choice of hospitals and surgeons, and it is indeed a bacteria-safe material for hikers when choosing their water bottle for long term use in harsh outdoor conditions.
Our filter can be backwashed with the syringe included with the purchase of the BotEOZ water purifier as shown in the photos below:
Our water purifier bottle is called BOTEOZ, the full product is shown below with lid and with filter cartridge included in the lid.
We designed and tested the portable water purifier BotEOZ in the Mexican mountains with heavily contaminated water, often brown color water, with fecal contamination from surrounding letrines or animal corrals.
We achieved 100% bacteria and turbidity removal under these difficult conditions, for which we have received the CNN HEROE finalist award and World Bank Development Martkeplace award for ¨Best Water Technology for Poor People¨. It is ideal not only for rural villagers and children, but obviously for hikers, alpinists, travelers, campers, tourists, emergency experts, natural disaster relief personnel all around the world who need instantly clean water, where there is no access to water, and with the guarantee that water is safe to drink and will not make them sick.
We now market the BOTEOZ worldwide and implement the 10 to 1 campaign in which for each 10 sales of BotEOZ we donate a purifier bottle BOTEOZ to a rural child in Mexico which does not have access to clean water in his home or school. We partner with organization such as Save the Children, The Hunger Project, World Vision and Fundacion Tarahumara to reach children in isolated rural villages of Mexico who are the most vulnerable because of the long distance to health clinics.
If you want to purchase the water purifier BotEOZ from our website (currently in spanish but soon to be translated in English and French), you can visit the following page
Then click the purchase button where you will have the option to pay by credit card with the internationally certified secured payment platform 2Checkout, just follow the instructions in english or spanish language to complete your order and checkout. Thank you in advance for your interest, trust and please qualify our product when you receive and test it, let us know how you used it, send us photos, comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be thrilled to discover your type of use and any problems or request we will attend immediately.
Thanks and Enjoy Water Purifier Bottle BotEOZ!